Here are your options for buying a home and selling another at the same time.
If you’re looking at newly built homes, these tips will help make moving in a pleasant experience:
1. Choose a reputable developer. You need to know if you have a good builder. Talk to people in the community and check online reviews.
2. Be “add-on aware.” Add-ons will drive a price up on a home just like when you buy a car. Make sure to know that higher quality materials like granite or crown moldings will cost you more.
3. Stay involved in the building process. Keep in regular contact with the contractor so you know of any issues that come up. Ask for regular meetings to discuss the progress and feel free to stop by and take a look at the property at least once per week.
4. Learn the neighborhood. Partner with an agent who knows the area, and meet your new neighbors before moving in.
Ask your agent for tips during the process.
5. Be flexible. Deadlines should be a little flexible. Issues are going to come up when you’re building a new home. Be prepared to have a place to stay in case you need to be out of your old home before you enter your new one.
6. Plan a walk-through. Don’t feel like you’re being a pest. You’re spending money on the home and you want to make sure everything is going well. Ask your agent for tips on what to check as the progress continues.
7. Look into home warranties. Ask your agent for referrals on home insurance. They’re a wealth of knowledge and want the process to go smooth for you.
If you have any questions about buying a home or want us to cover a specific topic in a future video blog, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.