Fast Facts About Westerly, RI
What to know about living in Westerly.
Population (2020): 17,842
- Boston, MA: 1hr 43min
- Hartford, CT: 1hr 10min
- Providence, RI: 46min
- Providence – 42min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $42,479
- Household: $75,200
County: Washington County
Type of location: Town
Why is Westerly a Nice Place to Live?
Westerly boasts a thriving downtown scene that is complete with shopping, delicious eateries, gorgeous beaches, trendy bars, and more. Both residents and visitors alike enjoy the Westerly shoreline for the day and outsiders come to vacation for the entire week in this picturesque and lively New England coastal destination. Westerly is where “the beaches are just the beginning.” Those living in Westerly love the beautiful shoreline and family-friendly destinations in town.
Westerly also offers excellent public schools within the Westerly Public School District. Its mission is to create an inspiring, challenging, and supportive environment where students are encouraged and assisted in reaching their highest potential.
What is Westerly Known For?
Even though Westerly is known for its vibrant shoreline, there is so much more than just the beaches. As Rhode Island’s southernmost town, Westerly is also home to a lively downtown full of local shops and trendy bars and restaurants. Westerly is also known for its five star hotel, the Ocean House, and many celebrities who live here. Those living in Westerly love the vibrancy of this beautiful town.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Westerly?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Westerly with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Casa Della Luce, a relaxed Italian nook offering homemade pasta dishes & refined pizza toppings along with beer & wine.
- Merchant Logo Thong Thai Restaurant, for Classic Thai specialties, plus beer & wine, presented in a relaxed space with traditional decor.
- Ella’s Food & Drink, for Asian-French fine dining offered on an outdoor patio & amid an elegant interior.
- B&B Dockside, for a snug spot with a warm vibe & bar seats showcases breakfast fare & creative burgers.
- The Cooked Goose, for American breakfast & lunch staples & housemade baked goods in quaint digs with outdoor seating.