Fast Facts About Tiverton, RI
What to know about living in Tiverton.
Population (2010): 16,261
- Boston, MA: 1hr 15min
- Hartford, CT: 2hr 1min
- Providence, RI: 30min
- Providence – 40min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $43,625
- Household: $83,710
County: Newport County
Type of location: Town
Why is Tiverton a Nice Place to Live?
Tiverton is a highly-desirable small New England town. Situated on the waterfront, it has beautiful scenery and a calming atmosphere that is perfect for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city while remaining close enough for convenience. Living in Tiverton offers you family-friendly activities, outdoor landmarks, and delicious restaurants.
Tiverton offers excellent public schools within the Tiverton School District. Its mission is to provide a learning environment that promotes the unique talents and abilities of all students, ensures high quality instruction, and actively engages families and the community.
What is Tiverton Known For?
Tiverton was founded in 1694 and is a beautiful coastal community that seamlessly combines outdoor beauty with cultural pleasures. The town boasts its one-of-a-kind serene locally-owned boutiques and eateries, many tucked away in historic Tiverton Four Corners, a desirable New England village of 18th century buildings. Those living in Tiverton enjoy the beautiful nature, nice coffee shops and delicious restaurants.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Tiverton?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Tiverton with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Boat House Waterfront Dining, for locally-sourced seafood & produce served in romantic environs on the banks of the Sakonnet River.
- 15 Point Road Restaurant Waterfront Dining, for a relaxed, refined dining on locally inspired dishes in a riverside venue with outdoor seating.
- Localz Kitchen & Cocktails, a bustling waterfront restaurant & bar serving ample portions of surf ‘n’ turf with Italian accents.
- Fieldstones, a casual American restaurant & bar offering steak, pasta, seafood & pizza in booth-lined environs.
- The Barn Restaurant, for homestyle breakfasts like French toast & omelets served in a rustic, 2-story renovated barn.