Fast Facts About Pawtucket, RI
What to know about living in Pawtucket.
Population (2021): 75,387
- Boston, MA: 1hr
- Hartford, CT: 1hr 41min
- Providence, RI: 15min
- Providence – 25min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $28,590
- Household: $52,902
County: Providence County
Type of location: City
Why is Pawtucket a Nice Place to Live?
Pawtucket is a beautiful city right outside of Providence. Eclectic and diverse, it has a strong arts culture, including local music and arts studios/programs. In addition, the city boasts family-friendly activities and fun outdoor locations. From Old Slater Mill National Historic Landmark to Slater Memorial Park, those living in Pawtucket love the culture and community of the city.
Pawtucket offers excellent public schools within the Pawtucket School Department. Its mission is to provide high quality, engaging, and rigorous academic opportunities by fostering culturally competent and equitable learning environments for all students and families within our community.
What is Pawtucket Known For?
Pawtucket was an early and significant center of textile manufacturing. The city is home to Slater Mill, a historic textile mill recognized for helping to found the Industrial Revolution in the United States. Mayor Donald R. Grebien is quoted as saying “the birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution, Pawtucket is poised to undergo a 21st century evolution into Rhode Island’s premier arts and cultural destination, an ideal community to live, work, play, start a business and raise a family.” Those living in Pawtucket love the rich history of this wonderful city.
What Are the Best Restaurants?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Pawtucket with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Modern Diner, for classic comfort foods & weekend breakfast specials draw crowds to this historic train car eatery.
- Garden Grille, for vegetarian versions of traditional dishes as well as vegan & raw eats served in a casual setting.
- Sullivan’s Publick House, an Irish pub where everybody knows your name.
- Craft Burgers & Beer, for delicious craft beer, burgers, and specials.
- TO’s Bar and Grille, to eat, drink, and laugh in a fun neighborhood establishment.