Fast Facts About North Smithfield, RI
What to know about living in North Smithfield.
Population (2021): 12,578
- Boston, MA: 1hr 20min
- Hartford, CT: 1hr 35min
- Providence, RI: 30min
- Providence – 40min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $40,492
- Household: $81,195
County: Providence County
Type of location: Town
Why is North Smithfield a Nice Place to Live?
North Smithfield is a quaint little town about 30 minutes outside of Providence. Providing residents a suburban feel with quick access to the city, North Smithfield is home to family-friendly outdoor activities, delicious restaurants, and fun outdoor entertainment. Those living in North Smithfield love the sense of community in town.
North Smithfield offers excellent public schools within the North Smithfield Public School District. Its mission is to prepare each student to be a successful and responsible member of society.
What is North Smithfield Known For?
North Smithfield is a well-preserved authentic New England mill village with worker housing, commercialized buildings, and a beautiful church on the town green. This village is the first planned industrial mill village in the United States. From the Museum of Work & Culture in nearby Woonsocket to Blackstone River Greenway, those living in North Smithfield love all of the family-friendly activities available in town.
What Are the Best Restaurants?
Some of the top restaurants in and around North Smithfield with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Tavern 6-two-1, for American dining with an exciting menu and laid back atmosphere.
- Lucky Dog Tavern, for a family-friendly relaxed vibe with custom dishes and class favorites.
- Kay’s Restaurant, for hearty American sandwiches, including lobster rolls, in a casual space with booths & a bar.
- BLACK, for a classic bar and grill with fun laughs and great cheer.
- Krakow Deli Bakery & Smokehouse, for homemade and authentic Polish food.