Fast Facts About North Providence, RI
What to know about living in North Providence.
Population (2021): 34,003
- Boston, MA: 1hr 30min
- Hartford, CT: 1hr 38min
- Providence, RI: 15min
- Providence – 25min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $34,257
- Household: $65,027
County: Providence County
Type of location: Town
Why is North Providence a Nice Place to Live?
North Providence is a quiet little town right outside of Providence. Giving residents the suburban feel with quick access to the city, North Providence is home to family-friendly outdoor activities, delicious restaurants, and fun outdoor entertainment. Those living in North Providence love the sense of community and culture in town.
North Providence offers excellent public schools within the North Providence School District. Its mission is to prepare students for career and college success so that all students can thrive as productive members of the 21st century global marketplace.
What is North Providence Known For?
There are seven villages that make up North Providence; Allendale, Centerdale, Fruit Hill, Greystone, Lymansville, Marieville, and Woodville/Genevaa. It was established in the late 1700s by farmers, who were originally from Providence, and wanted to create a distinct town because government officials in Providence favored merchants over farmers. Those living in North Providence love the fact that the town has everything people need in one place: markets, banks, gas stations, several gyms, convenience stores, and small shops.
What Are the Best Restaurants?
Some of the top restaurants in North Providence with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Sorrento Restaurant, a relaxed restaurant serving sandwiches, pasta & classic Italian mains in a modest setting.
- Il Fornello Italian Restaurant, pasta, seafood dishes & other Italian fare, plus cocktails, are served in a relaxed, warm setting.
- Camp Nowhere, a rustic, energetic bar offering $3 beers, cocktails & sliders, plus shareable fish-bowl drinks.
- Geneva Diner, a family-owned favorite that serves delicious home-style cooking at a reasonable price.
- Lancellotta’s Banquet Restaurant, a banquet venue offering a take-away menu, plus family-style dinners in a casual setting.