Fast Facts About New Shoreham, RI
What to know about living in New Shoreham.
Population (2018): 1,034
- Boston, MA: 2hr 53min
- Hartford, CT: 3hr 3min
- Providence, RI: 2hr 3min
- Providence – 1hr 59min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $29,188
- Household: $72,500
County: Washington County
Type of location: Town
Why is New Shoreham a Nice Place to Live?
New Shoreham is a beautiful town in Washington County, Rhode Island that is coextensive with Block Island. Residents and visitors alike enjoy the family-friendly activities, gorgeous scenery, and fun outdoor activities. From the South East Lighthouse to Mohegan Bluffs, those living in New Shoreham always find enriching experiences for themselves and others.
New Shoreham offers excellent public schools within the New Shoreham School District.
What is New Shoreham Known For?
New Shoreham is right in the heart of the action on Block Island. From the island’s beaches to its parks, all attractions are all easily accessible when you stay downtown. You’ll find awe-inspiring views from towering cliffs along with sandy beaches that let you unwind or cool down in the water. In town, you’ll find a lot to do and see, including an art gallery that shows off local creations and an animal farm with fun, exotic creatures. Those living in New Shoreham love the sense of community and cultural attractions in town.
What Are the Best Restaurants in New Shoreham?
Some of the top restaurants around New Shoreham with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- McAloon’s Restaurant, a casual, family-friendly stop serving local seafood alongside Irish-inspired paddy melts & beers.
- Eli’s, an eclectic, New American menu with a seasonal bent served in a snug, romantic setting.
- Kimberly’s, a casual restaurant featuring steak & seafood dinners with an international twist, plus beer & wine.
- Club Soda, a convivial hangout featuring beer, wine & cocktails, plus pool, foosball, live music & a patio area.
- Southeast Light Delights, a food truck at the entrance to the Southeast Lighthouse offering lobster rolls & grilled cheese.