Fast Facts About Foster, RI
What to know about living in Foster.
Population (2020): 6,617
- Boston, MA: 1hr 26min
- Hartford, CT: 1hr 3min
- Providence, RI: 31min
- Providence – 36min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $36,839
- Household: $96,985
County: Providence County
Type of location: Town
Why is Foster a Nice Place to Live?
Foster is a quaint small town just over 30 minutes from Providence. Due to its fantastic schools and safe areas, Foster is a very good place for families to consider. From Jerimoth Hill to Nickle Creek Vineyard, there are a lot of family-friendly activities for both residents and visitors alike. Those living in Foster always find enriching experiences for themselves and others.
Foster offers excellent public schools within the Foster-Glocester Regional School District. It believes that its schools are a central and focused part of its respective communities.
What is Foster Known For?
Foster boasts the Foster Town House, which was built in 1796, and is the oldest government meeting house of its type in the nation. Foster is also home to Rhode Island’s only authentic covered bridge, the Swamp Meadow Covered Bridge. Those living in Foster love the rich history and culture of this beautiful town.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Foster?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Foster with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Pizza King, for family-friendly pizza, pasta & sub chain for delivery or eat-in, with beer & wine at some locales.
- Top Dogs and Catering, for delicious hot dogs.
- Corner Bistro, for authentic Italian food.
- Gentleman Farmer Restaurant, for some of the best homemade hash you’ve ever had.
- Cindy’s Diner and Restaurant, a 1950’s-style diner and restaurant offering great customer service and fast cooking times.