Fast Facts About Exeter, RI
What to know about living in Exeter.
Population (2020): 6,617
- Boston, MA: 1hr 17min
- Hartford, CT: 1hr 19min
- Providence, RI: 26min
- Providence – 22min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $39,869
- Household: $83,750
County: Washington County
Type of location: Town
Why is Exeter a Nice Place to Live?
Exeter is a desirable town located just over 20 minutes from Providence. It boasts family-friendly restaurants, fun outdoor activities, and trendy coffee shops. From Yawgoo Valley Ski Area & Water Park to the Tomaquag Museum, those living in Exeter always find enriching experiences for themselves and others.
Exeter offers excellent public schools within the Exeter-West Greenwich Regional School District. Its learning vision reflects its mission when every member of our community works collaboratively to take responsibility for the success of our students.
What is Exeter Known For?
Exeter is centrally located in Rhode Island and is composed of over 58 square miles. Exeter extends east from the Connecticut border towards the town of North Kingstown. While it’s quiet, it also has wonderful charm and tranquility. Having said that, if you learn about its history, it seems a little less so. Exeter owns a past that seems directly out of a horror movie. Exeter is known by folklore lovers as the location of one of the best documented examples of vampire exhumation: the Mercy Brown Vampire Incident of 189. Even so, those living in Exeter love the rich history and culture of this beautiful town.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Exeter?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Exeter with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Cornerstone Pub, a simple outpost offering burgers, pizza & classic American entrees & plenty of TVs for sports.
- Celestial Cafe, a relaxed cafe & bar serving locally sourced breakfast & globally inspired mains, plus craft beer.
- The Middle of Nowhere Diner, an old-fashioned American restaurant with counter seating & generous breakfast portions.
- Dan’s Place, a barn-style restaurant offering unique pizzas & other pub fare, plus a full bar & trivia nights.
- Shayna’s Place, a quaint, cozy shop selling coffee, baked goods, fresh juices & smoothies, plus sandwiches & salads.