Fast Facts About Central Falls, RI
Population (2021): 22,464
- Boston, MA: 49min
- Hartford, CT: 1hr 34min
- Providence, RI: 16min
- Providence – 26min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $15,910
- Household: $34,689
County: Providence County
Type of location: City
Why is Central Falls a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Central Falls offers you a lot of history. Prior to the 1850s, the city was mainly composed of various groups of Native Americans and was abundant in woodlands and pine trees. Today, Central Falls has both a diverse and dense population and is the smallest city in the smallest state. The city serves as a suburb of Providence, which is just 6 miles away. Overall, Central Falls gives you that small city feel in the heart of New England.
Central Falls offers four high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Central Falls Public School District. The school district boasts its desire to pursue equity, empowerment and excellence.
What is Central Falls Known For?
While Central Falls is a small city, it offers attractive scenery and fun activities for family and friends within its 1.3 square miles. Living in Central Falls allows you to appreciate beautiful sites such as River Island Campground—Rhode Island’s only Urban Campground—and Jenks Park, a popular location for residents and visitors alike. These locations are open year-round to the public.
You’ll also grow to love Central Falls Restaurant Week, a one-week celebration of the diversity in restaurants for all Rhode Island residents.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Central Falls?
Some of the top restaurants in Central Falls with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- El Paso Restaurant, a family Mexican restaurant.
- Good Fellas Tavern, for a relaxing and fun environment that serves innovative Asian-Mediterranean fusion Caribbean food.
- Sparky’s Restaurant, for a classic American Breakfast.
- Georgia’s Family Restaurant, for a delicious family-friendly atmosphere.
- Stanley’s Famous Hamburgers, a small, retro location that serves fun American food like burgers, sandwiches & fried seafood.